Harry Potter Project of Doom Quilt
Since I took such a long break from blogging, I have a back log of projects to show off. My favorite over the past few years has been this one — The Harry Potter Project of Doom Quilt.
It took me months 4 months to complete the block and quilting and then it sat for another 6 months awaiting binding. Last fall, my friend Laura and I cranked it out in a work session — just in time for Halloween! The pattern was free and can be found here. This was my first time paper piecing a quilt and it was a lot of fun! I used an embroidery machine to add titles to blocks and many of them are significant to the people in my life who are Harry Potter addicts. There is a block for each member of my family and blocks for several friends as well. As difficult as the quilt was, each block made me so happy — but not as happy as completing that last stitch of binding! Now, it lives on my couch and, as October happens, I yearn to re-watch all the movies again. This time, I will be snug and covered up with the perfect quilt!